Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

The rear hatchback door on my 2011 Kia Soul is stuck in the…

Customer Question
The rear hatchback door...

The rear hatchback door on my 2011 Kia Soul is stuck in the lock position. I have crawled through and opened it from the inside but it will not stay unlocked with either the key fob or the drivers door lock button.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

It unlocks all the other doors, but no I have not.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Soul yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried making sure all doors and the hood are firmly closed. I have tried to repeatedly unlock all the doors with both the flob and the drivers side lock/unlock button.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had a bad battery replaced yesterday, prior to that there were not any problems and it did unlock this morning prior to work.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Kia
9/17/2017
Kia Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Are you saying you can open the liftgate from the inside of the gat but not from the outside?

I crawled in, removed the small plastic cover on the inside of the door and release the latch using the manual Ladrones inside
I've called it a night and am in bed, I don't know if this is a conversation and you in the morning or if I have to start out with somebody else I have to work in the morning

We can continue later, just respond here when ready.

At the tailgate latch ohm test the black wire, is it a good ground?

Test the Blue wire at the latch for power, does it get powered when commanded to open?

Is the TGATE OPEN fuse left end of the dash good?

The exterior handle switch are both wires to it grounded when holding the switch applied?