Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2013 sorento 350 engine suddenly engine light on and no

Customer Question
2013 sorento 350 engine...

2013 sorento 350 engine suddenly engine light on and no accelation starting good and soon engine max 1500 rpm and 25 miles and no more that it. scare death.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

Moving but 20-25 miles no accelation no rpm up even i put pedal all the way.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 1500?

Rpm 1500 2013 sorento kia

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just loose battey and 10 monute later i started so good working no engine light either but that it car moving sready 20 miles????? Steady rpm

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That all. Nothing strange

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Kia
9/16/2017
Kia Mechanic: EricFromCT, Technician replied 9 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

To aid in proper diagnosis you need to have the engine computer checked for codes that may be stored to help determine problem. COuld be a bad throttle body, could be plugged cat converter in the exhaust causing low rpms and no power.

Can you have the codes checked?

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Hi. Just checking in to see how you are doing and if you have made progress or need more info. If so just respond back. Otherwise please take a quick moment to rate my assistance. Thank you.

Unfortunately my car been towed to kia center. So I can get any information and I let them repaired. Sorry i need anymore advice.

Thats fine. If you need any info let me know. Thanks.