Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a 05 Sedona. Yesterday I replaced all fuel injectors…

Customer Question
I have a 05...

I have a 05 Sedona. Yesterday I replaced all fuel injectors and did a test drive after. The engine runs better but trans was not shifting properly. This morning I removed the wire to the negative post for one hour to reset. two things are happening; 1) the trans shifts through all gears but not on acceleration, and it will not downshift. 2) the A/C no longer works at all. The engine light came on and reads a PO122 code (throttle / pedal position sensor A circuit low input. How can I remedy these two issues?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

I have only had it 1 year but I believe it to be original. Brake switch?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedona yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. replaced the fuel injectors after running bad and gas smell

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that I have had a history of running bad and low gas mileage

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Kia
9/15/2017
Kia Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the a/c was working properly up until the work was done and there are no other fault codes setting then get the P0122 repaired first and go from there.

P0122 will be related to the trans issue. This code is for the throttle position sensor, it's signal is needed for the trans to up and downshift properly.

If you unplug the TPS and start the engine does it set a P0123?