Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My power left door is not working. It just beeps but doesn't

Customer Question

My power left door is not working. It just beeps but doesn't even try to move. I first replaced the motor actuator and that didn't work. Tonight, I replaced the whole control assembly and it still just beeps.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: Only 85k. It is an automatic transmission, 3.8 L
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2008 Kia Sedona EX
JA: Are you fixing your Sedona yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My power left door is not working. It just beeps but doesn't even try to move. I first replaced the motor actuator and that didn't work. Tonight, I replaced the whole control assembly and it still just beeps.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that should do it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, which control assembly - the door switch or the ETACS module?

Also, does the lock work with the key?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The door control assembly. It is the main unit in each door that controls the door actuator, the handles and the lock. The door locks work but not the power portion of the sliding door.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

Ok, my software database has crashed and I cannot bring up the schematics, but I know on these, there are issues with the RAM, rear area module, which is behind the rear trim, failing. But I will open this back up to other experts so that you may get a definitive answer

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I forgot to add that the right power door works fine, just the left one won't....don't know if the rear area module operates them differently...
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

they are on separate circuits at the RAM

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll look into and give credit
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll look into and then give credit
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

ok, sounds good

Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is going to the shop on Friday.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

ok