Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

All the other doors except for the drivers side doors will…

Customer Question
All the other doors...

All the other doors except for the drivers side doors will not unlock with the remote or the switch on the drivers side door

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2004 kia amanti

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Amanti yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried locating the fuse for the door locks but have not found anything in the manual

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Kia
9/10/2017
Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

you either have a door lock actuator issue or master switch, more than likely its the actuator and we would want to check that first by verifying voltage at the actuator when the button is pressed

Is the actuator located inside the door?

yes it is

Is there an actuator in each door or is there one actuator for all the doors?

there is one in each door

why does the driver side actuator work but not the other three?

I dunno thats what were trying to find out, could be the switch or the actuators, they get worn out over time or you could not be getting a signal through the switch

Okay ill try and check actuators

hows it coming?

Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 10 months ago

did you find the issue yet?

The car was given to my brother so it's his problem now haha if I do get the car back ill try opening the panels but for now it's out of my hands