Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2005 kia sedona check engine light code p0715, Stays on, Wad…

Customer Question
2005 kia sedona check...

2005 kia sedona check engine light code p0715

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedona yourself? What have you tried so far?

Wad told had to replace pcm

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Took to a shop and was told the pcm has to be replaced

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Kia
9/10/2017
Kia Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 11 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the shop that did the diagnosis for this code diagnosed it properly it can be the PCM at fault as this is one of the possible causes for this code.The other causes are:

Input shaft sensor

Underdrive clutch retainer fault

Connection issues at the sensor or PCM

The most common cause is the input shaft sensor needing replaced but it can be the PCM for sure here as well.As long as they diagnosed it properly it will need replaced to correct this fault here.

I show a cost of around $1500 for the PCM and about 1.5 hours labor to replace and program.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete