Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I am replacing throttle body on a 2007 Kia Sorrento the

Customer Question
I am replacing...

I am replacing throttle body on a 2007 Kia Sorrento the problem is it has oil in it where did this oil come from

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

Where did this oil come from

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am the only problem I'm having is the oil in the throttlebody

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Kia
Just want you to know how oil got into the throttlebody
9/10/2017
Kia Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. Do you have the engine put back together to be able to start it?

a clogged pcv valve or hose will do this. a little oil in the throttle body is no reason for too much concern on todays over emissionized cars. if you start the engine and take the oil filler cap off and you have suction then the ccv system is clogged.

No I do not have the engine a bar all I was doing was replacing the throttlebody because the Emc light was coming on The motor would die and go into slow-motion and I to be restarted so I was replacing the throttlebody for that ,will take care of the PCV valve thanks for your help have a great day

I meant did you have the throttle body back on thats all.

what was the code you were getting that made you replace the throttle body?

ok, well good luck