EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.
34559540

When I start the car in the morning, I get check engine

Customer Question

When I start the car in the morning, I get check engine light. It gives me P2106, P1295 and P2135 codes. I drive the car and it has no power. I shut it off then start it stop it about 10 times then it will finally run normal. Check engine light usually shuts itself off later in the day
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stays on
JA: What is the model of your '10 Kia?
Customer: 2006 kia Optima EXv6
JA: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Clean the throuttle body of black carbon and the problem goes away for a couple of days then come sback
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Usually when you keep getting those codes it indicates that the throttle body needs to be replaced.

It is possible that a poor connection at the connector of the throttle body or also a wiring problem in the harness. But generally those codes lead to a throttle body.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
But why does the carbon keep building up?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
On the body
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you still there?

Yes I am here. Its not really the carbon build up as the sensors are not reading as the computer thinks they should and puts the car into a limp mode.