sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I'm a service tech and this is the 1st time I've run into

Customer Question

I'm a service tech and this is the 1st time I've run into this problem on a 2003 Kia Sedona. I plugged in my scanner in and have no communication with the ABS, but can access every other system. What the original problem is, is that the car pulled to the right under braking
JA: Are you fixing your Sedona yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I replaced OF brake hose considering there was no pressure there. After replacing and trying to bleed that corner , still no pressure. Disconnected line at ABS motor, no pressure.
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: Good condition, well maintained.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You do have two separate issues, one hydraulic and one with communication. If the only wheel not receiving fluid pressure from the hydraulic control unit is the right front then that does indicate a physical failure of the hydraulic control unit.

That wouldn't affect communication though. I question whether there is truly an issue with the module or communication or if the problem is with the equipment being used. If the module was truly not responsive then the ABS and brake lights would stay on. Is that the case?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
One of the issues is solved. However, the computer issue still remains. Still nothing responding. All other systems are communicating
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm using a Snap On Verus. Good equipment. The ABS is completely shut down . All fuses are good for the ABS. No lights are on. Push on the brake hard & it goes to regular braking.... No ABS. I've never seen this happen . It should have some kind of light.... nothing. Customer was advised of the situation & car returned to her. The car value is extremely low. She doesn't want to put to much money in it,

Does the ABS light do a bulb check at key on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it does. The light turns off once computer is finished checking the rest of the other systems, per normal operation.

I would recommend using a different scan tool to see if it will communicate then. The ABS module is awake and controlling the warning light.