Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Where is the variable timing solenoid located on a 4

Customer Question
Where is the variable...

Where is the variable timing solenoid located on a 4 cylinder 2008 Sportage?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know your ignition timing number? How many miles are on the car?

No I don't. Approximately 110,000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I will change oil and filter today and see if that cures it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Kia
9/9/2017
Kia Mechanic: Amedee, Kia Technician replied 8 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Kia Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help.

The Variable valve timing solenoid is located right on the cylinder head in front on the driver's hand side. Look near the transmission dipstick and you will see it.

Where exactly is the variable timing solenoid located on a 4 cylinder 2008 kia sportage?

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or off line spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great day!!

Do you have any further questions, sir?

Hello there!

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Amedee

Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Kia Technician