Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  I have 25 years experience working on cars. I am also a factory trained Subaru and Nissan Tech.
2921078

I just ordered the Window Washer Pump (located on the bottom

Customer Question

I just ordered the Window Washer Pump (located on the bottom of reservoir) My wife's 2010 Kia Forte DX. She told me I have to repair the window washer or else. The Wiper Nozzle only squirt internittently, a slight spray. I disconnected the supply hose at the firewall and turned on the pump. I can hear the motor and the amount of fluid coming out the hose tube is very weak, and spirts / intermittent. Probably not a nozzle problem.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Do You agree? I'm not looking forward to pulling the inner wheel weel out (is this waht you call the mud flap?
JA: Are you fixing your Forte yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Thank you, ***** *****
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, and as stated in above message.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

There is actually a service bulletin for this issue. The problem is the screen inside the reservoir to the pump. This is there to keep dirt and what not out of the hoses and nozzles. It get's plugged up and needs to be replaced. There is an updated part for it through the kia dealer. Sorry to say you are still going to have to remove the inner liner and get the pump out, but, at the same time you can use the updated screen when you put it all together.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

I am sending a link with the part # on it for your reference as well.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

Do you have any questions for me?