Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

Back up sensor does not come on all the time, The sensors

Customer Question

back up sensor does not come on all the time
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: The sensors below the bumper and I have not noticed any codes
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2014 kis sorento ex
JA: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: is it covered by warranty?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Sometimes you can have a faulty sensor or I have seen corroded wiring at the connector under the rear bumper. If you can give me your VIN and mileage I can check your warranty coverage. And are you the first owner?

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.