Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Back up sensor does not come on all the time, The sensors…

Customer Question
Back up sensor...

Back up sensor does not come on all the time

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

The sensors below the bumper and I have not noticed any codes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2014 kis sorento ex

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it covered by warranty?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Kia
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/8/2017
Kia Mechanic: EricFromCT, Technician replied 11 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Sometimes you can have a faulty sensor or I have seen corroded wiring at the connector under the rear bumper. If you can give me your VIN and mileage I can check your warranty coverage. And are you the first owner?

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.