Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

It will not idle, Its 4cyliners kia sportage 2013 it have…

Customer Question
It will not idle ...

It will not idle

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

Its 4cyliners kia sportage 2013 it have 64000 km on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took the trotle buuddy of and replace it still the same

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its a electronic trotle buddy

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Kia
9/7/2017
Kia Mechanic: EricFromCT, Technician replied 11 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Is your engine a GDI with the high pressure fuel pump on the valve cover? If you do not know then give me the vin please.

DO THIS KIASPORTAGE HAVE A TROTLE PEDAL SENSOR ON IT
THE VIN NUMBER IS KNAPB811BC7168174

Yes it does.

If the trotle pedal sensor is bad will it cose the car to mot idle

Usually it will cause the car to ONLY idle. Most common issue is the high pressure fuel pump. You should make sure you have good fuel pressure from the fuel tank to the high pressure pump as well.

When it starts i keep my feet on the pedal it keeps runing soon as i move my feet from the pedal it stop runing

Have you checked engine compression? Do you have a vacuum hose not connected or an improperly secured air filter or air box?

Do this sportage use a idle control sensor if it do whete is it lokated

No. THrottle body control idle.

Ok shude i replace the trotle pedal sensor

Do you have a scan tool that view live data? Such as the throttle pedal sensor voltage?

No sr
If i desconec the pedal sensor to see if thats the promblem will the car run or not

There is no set answer for that as I have never tried that. The car may run but will definitly be in a limp mode. It is worth trying.

Ok i will try that and if the car says idling the i will replace the trotle pedal sensor

ok.