Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I have kia Carnavial model 2012, the problem is very heat in

Customer Question

I have kia Carnavial model 2012, the problem is very heat in high temp, i change two fan with new computer and new system to operate them, change thermistor and redator. but still problem is high temp. please advise me
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: i have checked and there isn't any leaking
JA: What is the model of your '12 Kia?
Customer: 2012
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i sent many workshop, the mechanic and electrical had tried so many times with change a lot of patrs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: he fund the power is supply the fan isn't staple, fan speed isn't smoothly and same speed. he tried put new system and computer, but still fan speed isn't staple
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the mechanic suggested reprogram the computer, he is right? the problem there isn't local workshop has computer programmer for kia carnival, and the dealer hasn't good experience of this fault, I was sent the car to them last time and the dealer mechanic want open the head of engine, I don't why ? just want take a lot of many with nothing is very costly.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The 2 main causes it a cylinder head gasket leaking internally in the engine to where exhaust heat and gasses are leaking past the gasket into the cooling system causing an over heat.Any shop should be able to do a block test to see if exhaust gasses are getting into the cooling system with a block tester which usually takes less then an hour to test.If any exhaust is getting into the cooling system then the head gasket needs replaced.

If no exhaust is getting into the cooling system then I would have the computer reprogrammed to see if this corrects the fan speed issues.If it does not then the computer may need replaced and programmed as it may not be controlling the fans properly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete