Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Front Turn signal on passenger side not working. Rear is ok.

Customer Question
Front Turn signal on...

Front Turn signal on passenger side not working. Rear is ok. Bought new Sylvania bulb, same type and # H11C. Removed old bulb. 1 terminal blade was dark and appeared coated. Socket the bulb was in has plastic cracked, and piece missing that holds bulb tight, The 2 "ear straps" on either side of bulb still work, but socket seems to be defective, New bulb goes in, but does not light up. Replacement socket and wire?? Maybe? Is it available and easy to change? How involved would it be?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

No. The rear signal works, and driver's side works. I thought they were alll protected by common fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2011 Sorento

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Removed old bulb, purchased new Sylvania bulb, same # H11C and plugged it into socket with discolored blade, and cracked housing. It does not light up when put back into headlight assembly.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is this part easy to obtain? How involved to replace the socket and wire? is it something I can do Monday AM??

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Kia
8/14/2017
Kia Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

I am sorry all other techs have passed on this issue. I just now have gotten all caught up and am available. If help is still needed, let me know and I can help now or tomorrow.

Never mind I fixed it myself
I fixed it myself PLease do not charge me. Thank you

Good job.