Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a 2001 Kia Rio 5 speed manual transmission removed…

Customer Question
HI there I have a...
HI there I have a 2001 Kia Rio 5 speed manual transmission removed from car. Cannot seem to get clutch housing separated from transmission. Has opened up a bit than half an inch and doesn't seem to move any further
Any or suggestions would be great
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Kia
8/5/2017
Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

can you send any pictures of what you have so far?

Thanks for your quick response, it is 1:30 am where I am at the moment.i can send you some pictures tomorrow. There is an internal bolt that has broken which I have retrieved the head of out the half inch gap I have opened between the clutch housing and transmission. The shifter shaft that is attached to what I would call the shifter rail inside the the transmission has the rest of the bolt inside it's hole. The shaft pulled out leaving the car in 3Rd gear and the gearshift is just flopping around.The transmission has been removed from the car and I'm trying to separate the clutch housing from the transaxle to get at where this problem lives. It won't separate, I don't want to be to aggressive beating it with a block of wood for fear there is something else that needs to be released that I am not understanding. It would seem it should part as is, but I have worked at it some force and it seems something is holding it from separating. Thx again

Yeah sounds good ill be around

Here are some pics to give you a better idea.
1501963745074-1044659460.jpg1501963...jpg1501963790000258772116.jpg1501963...jpg15019638452731671280697.jpg1501963...jpg15019639092731739607062.jpg1501963...jpg
Thx in advance

here is the entire removal and r n r procedure maybe something in there you missed, something to flip through though. Sorry about the quality its hard to transfer protected documents