Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My kia sorento 2005 is squealing after i start it and go…

Customer Question
Hi my kia sorento...

Hi my kia sorento 2005 is squealing after i start it and go down the road a bit. I just had a sensor put in cause it quit running in driveway. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It is by the belts but ckd belts they are not wore or dried. Been going on for a while now, months.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

Having relative do work. Camshaft sensor replaced had code po343 cub canister clogging.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just what I need to get it fixed. Don't think the timing belt has been changed not sure bought this a few months ago with 146k miles.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Kia
7/31/2017
Kia Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

This most likely means the belt needs to be replaced, possibly a worn pulley. You can spray water on belt while it is running and making noise, if noise stops when spraying water on belt you know problem is belt. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician