Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  I have 25 years experience working on cars. I am also a factory trained Subaru and Nissan Tech.
2921078

I have a 2008 KiA Sedona van, this weekend when we tried to

Customer Question

I have a 2008 KiA Sedona van, this weekend when we tried to start it, no power and won't start. If you wait 45 minutes to an hour is starts right up
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: The power loss is consistent
JA: Are you fixing your Sedona yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't done anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It seems to run fine, I don't understand why the power is gone and nothing.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Most of the time this is the result of a bad connection at the battery or the cable to the fuse box. Check the cables for corrosion at the battery, but also at their attaching points on the fuse box and the starter, the body and the engine. If there is corrosion clean it up really well and retry. Also, make sure none of the cables are swollen. If they are, that means there is corrosion inside or under the insulation hurting the connection. If the cable is swollen you will have to replace it.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!