Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

The car started fine earlier this morning. Then the next…

Customer Question
The car started fine...

The car started fine earlier this morning. Then the next time try to start it wouldn't.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

The alarm went off and we pulled the horn relay to stop it. Now we find that the TNS relay is clicking and it still won't start after trying battery connections

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2005. We are getting new battery now

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We've unhooked battery and reconnected thinking that would "reset" things. Noticed windows and starter slowed down from earlier so thought the old battery may have caused a security issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

He needed a new battery anyway, but I wonder if there's some kill switch or code issue we need to know

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Kia
7/30/2017
Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. Have you tried unlocking and locking the drivers door with the key?

Kiatech
Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician