Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 2011 Kia Sorento EX will not start due to the Immobilizer

Customer Question

My 2011 Kia Sorento EX will not start due to the Immobilizer system fault light is luminated
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: the one on the instument panel
JA: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't get to a point where the brake pedal will go down, just the Immobilizer light on I've stuck the key fob in the middle console and that didn't do anything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that it was working fine and now I can't start the car because of the immobilizer active
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, open driver door and lock the doors with the door lock switch, shut the door from the outside, the unlock the doors with the key and it should disarm it

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Eric....thanks for the reply, but tried what you stated and I still can't clear the immobilizer condition. I guess I'm gonna have to get the Sorento to the dealership to see what's wrong with clearing the immobilization and getting the Sorento to start.