Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

Replaced timing belt, crankshaft sensor and the thermostat

Customer Question

Replaced timing belt, crankshaft sensor and the thermostat on a 2002 Kia Sedona. Now the engine turns but does not start. Thought to check for codes and the only one is P0101.
JA: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?
Customer: dealer change a number of years ago but the current one has no miles on it since this is the first timeI am starting it after the above changes over the last month
JA: Are you fixing your Sedona yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just got it back together and a friend asked to check for code and that is when I came up with the P0101. and yes I did it myself....
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did the repair over a 6 week period in the front yard ;)
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Do you know how to check compression, ignition spark, injector pulse, and fuel pressure?