Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

My 2014 Soul automatic frequently almost dies when

Customer Question

My 2014 Soul automatic frequently almost dies when accelerating from a low speed. Maybe that's why I get such good mileage (about 32 mpg highway). But this is dangerous if you must speed up to enter moving traffic. The TSB 033 is recommended for this problem but I don't know if that applies to my model year. My next step is to turn off the ECO and see if that makes a difference, although it turns itself off randomly anyway. Help!
JA: When did you last clean or replace your air filter? And are the oxygen sensors in good working order?
Customer: With only 21,000 miles, no one has recommended changing the air filter and the oxygen sensors have never been addressed.
JA: Are you fixing your Soul yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. I take it to the dealer except this last time when I had the oil changed at Monro Muffler
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is my Soul under warranty?
Category: Kia
Expert:  internal88 replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - Kia tech.

Is the check engine light ON?

Is your vehcile produced from August 26, 2013 to December 13, 2013.
There is a batch on the driver's side door that stated the production date.