Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

No xm sound keeps telling me acquirering signal Sirius sent

Customer Question

No xm sound keeps telling me acquirering signal Sirius sent new signals not connected
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2012 sere to am xm nav fm all work except xm no signal
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Bought to dealer said need new antenna want 800.00
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The satellite radio antennae will fail and cause this issue here unfortunately.I have seen this several times before with it needing replaced.It is either the antennae or the satellite receiver that fails but if this was tested properly then it is the antennae that needs replaced to correct this here.In some cases you can try and obtain a used one from a salvage yard or a facility like http://www.car-part.com and have it installed by the dealer or a shop for a cheaper cost or see if another shop can install a new one cheaper then the dealers cost.But when it fails it does need replaced to resolve this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete