Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

I have inherited a 1993 Kia Sportage 2 months ago. It worked

Customer Question

Hello Pearl,
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: I have inherited a 1993 Kia Sportage 2 months ago. It worked perfectly until the last couple of days when the ignition seemed "sticky" and the engine wouldn't turn over right away. Tonight it died on me. When I turned the ignition, the dashboard lit up as usual but no turnover! My son's 1988 Ford F-150 died a few months ago in the same fashion and the trouble was a burnt out ignition coil. Could this be the same problem with my Kia Sportage??
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Hmmm...I haven't tried the steering wheel, but the key is brand new; I've just had it cut.
JA: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well, I'm going to try and fix it myself....So far I have done nothing except stare under the hood :-/
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it...Pearl...
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 4 months ago.
Hi welcome to just answers my name is***** the engine cranks but won't start?... or I does nothing.