Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

P0452 & P0451 codes all parts have been pulled tested and

Customer Question

P0452 & P0451 codes all parts have been pulled tested and replaced I'm thinking about replacing the MAPS sensor next..?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: so far I have replaced the purge valve, the fuel tank pressure sensor and the Canister close valve..
JA: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?
Customer: its an EVAP code
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: kia rio 2010
JA: Are you fixing your Rio yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: garage gave it back with a clear sticker confused because everything is working and should cause codes to me to go directly to dealership..so I'm trying a few more things before the dealer rapes me for a $20 fix that will cost me $600..
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: *shouldn't cause
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 5 months ago.

Have you checked the wiring and the pins on the fuel tank pressure sensor connector? If you have already replaced the fuel tank pressure sensor the only other options are a wiring or connection issue, or a PCM issue.