Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2006 Sedona with 80000 on it and the airbag light stays on…

Customer Question
2006 Sedona with 80000...

2006 Sedona with 80000 on it and the airbag light stays on after startup

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

Such as, and which seatbelt?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedona yourself? What have you tried so far?

I don't know where to start but from what I've read it's common

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Kia
3/22/2017
Kia Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The airbag light comes on when the airbag module sees a failure in a monitored component and sets a fault code. There are many things that could be causing the light to come on ranging from airbags, seatbelt pretensioners, wiring, impact sensors, the clockspring, and the airbag module itself.

What will need to be done is use a scan tool to see what fault codes have set and then testing can be done from there based on the findings.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!