Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

DIES OUT WHEN TURNING LEFT ONCE EVERY FEW WEEKS, 2008 KIA

Customer Question
DIES OUT WHEN TURNING LEFT...
DIES OUT WHEN TURNING LEFT ONCE EVERY FEW WEEKS
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2008 KIA OPTIMA
JA: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NOTHING HAVING TROUBLE DUPLICATING ISSUE
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just looking to see if you have run across this before
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Kia
1/10/2017
Kia Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 10 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1- I ran across this once and it was the fuel pump causing it

2- have you checked fuel pressure :

2008 Kia Optima L4-2.4L

Save Article

Standard Value: 338 - 348 kPa (3.45 - 3.55 kgf/sq.cm, 49.0 - 50.5 psi)

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

After this one dies, we pull to the side of the road and it starts right up. Did yours do that also?
hello

no it did not start right up , it would start 5 minutes later

but since yours the it starts right up

you need to run the a fuel volume flow test on it ,on the flow of the fuel pump that is a little different than pressure test, we want to see if the fuel pump intermittently losing pressure flow .

that will require special test gauges to do

if that is not the issue

then fuel pump relay , replace in case it is getting hot and clicking off,CLICK ON LINK VIEW FUEL PUMP RELAY LOCATION

if not then the computer is the control if it was a module resetting each time you cycling the ignition switch

before condemning computer wiring and computer pin out testing is needed

Please let me know if you need anything else on it

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Thank You

You are Very welcome

Please read below how easy you can get back in touch with me for any follow up question on this issue

Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Hi, just checking in ,to see how things are going,Do you need further assistance ?

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat