Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

Kia rio 2005 5 door hatch stating & driving ok stoped & park

Customer Question

kia rio 2005 5 door hatch stating & driving ok stoped & park cameback in 2 hours,it would crank but would not start my dad came to help me when he got there he to stat it and noticed the radio was not on he put in thr radio code and it started i
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: we have the whendad put it the started
JA: Are you fixing your Rio yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no but dad check the batttery and fuses and they were ok so I just thought i would find out what it might be
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just what it might be
Category: Kia
Expert:  david craig replied 6 months ago.

Hi Im David, sounds like it went into anti theft mode for some reason. if you have a meter, check the voltage of the battery. a fully charged and good battery should ALWAYS read just around 12.5 volts statically and not drop at all unless a door is opened or lights turned on etc... if it drops just sitting there watch it to see how far it drops. if it too much then the radio will lock out and you wont be able to start. you also want to check the voltage while the car is running. a good battery and alternator will read around 14.4 volts.

just checking in to see how its going