Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

2007 Kia Sportage is a no start....after diagnosis blower

Customer Question

2007 Kia Sportage is a no start....after diagnosis blower motor not working replacing blower relay and blower resistor now it will not start. I had removed the starter relay under hood see pics to check pins 87,85,30,86 and had to force my multimeter probe into the slot is it possible that my relay isn't making a good connection? No blown fuses, battery power is fine, lights are on just will not turn over ? What do I check next
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

Please click on link to view blower motor circuit diagram & also starting system circuit

Please let me know if you can view them and we can go from there

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I see them, I have 12v at pin 85,86 on starter relay? Nothing on 87,30... It worked the other day all I did with another tech on here is install blower resister and blower relay and now it will not start? What would you check first second third?

IGN#2 FUSE IF YOU LOOK AT THE STARTING CIRCUIT A 30 AMP FUSE INSIDE THE ENGINE ROOM FUSE BOX THAT FEEDS PIN #30 ,CHECK THIS FUSE IF FUSE IS GOOD WORK YOU WAY BACK TO BATTERY AND SEE WHY THERE IS NO POWER ON PIN#30 ,WE HAVE TO HAVE POWER ON #30 TO MOVE FORWARD

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok so when I ground the fuse ign #2 to battery neg term I get 12v, when I move ground to neg terminal on front of fuse box I get nothing move it to a body bolt 12v. With ign turned to on position on pin 30 I have 12v and on pin 87 only 9.98v from ground to batt or bolt on frame the grounds on the from of fuse box seem to not be grounding well maybe they shouldnt

if uses good we ground problem

take all the ground connection off, clean , scrap with a screwdriver driver any debris build up or anything preventing connection and retry

you can always add a ground to the fuse box to the frame and see if that establish connection again

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did that on those connections do you have diagram where ground is on body

let me see

This G208 ground connection that is ground our connection if you look at the circuit diagram , i think you night find the problem here

I got more ground connection will send them soon

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Chad I added a ground wire to a body bolt have 12v at fuse from that ground... When I touch it to the two wires at the front of the fuse box that appear to be grounds it sparks? Are these in fact ground wires what would cause sparks?

there is power wire on that circuit of it is sparking

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's the same way jumper cables would spark should I tighten it down and try it

the whole fuse box could be the proble here , take it out and flip it upside down and inpect wires touching

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok

go back and check all your connection , do we have positive on positive and negative any ground wire in wrong place on battery terminal and y stereo wires hooked to it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is only thing that looks out of place jump wire on inside fuse box
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Here is other pic

why these wires are off ,with a test light switch on ,touch them what u have on them

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I took off to remove fuse box wire on left 12v on right nothing... Ground to battery
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I assumed they where grounds not sure why 12v on left

if you take the test light and hook up to POSITIVE BATTERY terminal NOT NEGATIVE WE LOOKING FOR GROUND NOW WHEN HOOKED TO POSITIVE , touch the wire with nothing ,does test light lights up ?Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

DO NOT TOUCH IT TO THE ONE WITH 12 VOLT ON

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No test light does not light

we have no ground on that cable ,most like the cable it self is bad

unhook from other side and run a continuity test on it

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No does not come on

take this cable off the car from both ends and tell me if it pass a continuity test?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do you mean th hot one.... And do you have a skematic so I know where it goes... So it should be hot

no not for that cable I don' t have it

I will opt out of your question & open it for other expert maybe they do have it for you

good luck with it

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Wires under fuse seem fine other than some green corrosion see pic
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Those cables on front of the fuse box are both Red... I think they are both hot wires one is fused at 120a. Where do we go on no start?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Don't need this anymore Kia is running was the starter relay....please cancel as this was no help