EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.
34559540

Where do I find tech support for my 2012 Kia Optima in-dash

Customer Question

Where do I find tech support for my 2012 Kia Optima in-dash technology package?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Since I bought it 5 days ago
JA: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've reset the car system to factory defaults and unpaired and re-paired my phone.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When I first connected my phone via bluetooth, the contacts transferred from my phone. They haven't transferred since, and when I try to use the phone book it says "No phonebook entry".
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 9 months ago.

Hi. Have you gotten your phonebook problem figured out? Or do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Still need help. I've tried resetting everything, and unpairing and pairing again, nothing helps. I won't get charged for an answer that doesn't work, right?

Ok. Start by doing a master reset of the audio system. I think under settings or help menu on the touchscreen you can get to master reset. Then after that try disconnecting the negative cable from the battery for about 10 minutes. Reconnect the cable and see if you can do the pairing and phone book download. Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No success. When I turn the car on, the Contacts button is greyed out for a couple of minutes, and then it becomes active as if it had finished uploading contacts. But it still says 'No phonebook entry' when I try to view contacts.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 8 months ago.

Have you tried to pair a different phone and download the contacts? Perhaps it might be an issue with the phone.

Please read this:
Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
1. I am an independent auto mechanic and do not work at or for Just Answer.
2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say "I'm satisfied".
3. I only get credit for my work from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.
Thanks for using Just Answer, Eric