Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Replaced compressor with used compressor evacuated system

Customer Question

replaced compressor with used compressor evacuated system for 1 hour tried to recharge the system but the compressor does not seem to want to take refrigerant , idid manage to get 1 12 ounce can into it ,which should be enough to make compressor work but the low side pressure is high and the high side pressure is low
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: the car is in exellent condition
JA: What is the model of your '12 Kia?
Customer: the car is a 2013 kia optima slx
JA: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: reevacuated the system and tried to recharge it again , the compressor seems to spinning it just does not have suction or discharge
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes i would like to know how a clutchless compressor works.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

If you manually power and ground the compressor clutch. The compressor should run and allow you to pull a vacuum on the low side so you can get the remaining freon pushed into the system.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris