How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris (aka- Moose) Your Own Question
Chris (aka- Moose)
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Category: Kia
Satisfied Customers: 47945
Experience:  16 years of experience
Type Your Kia Question Here...
Chris (aka- Moose) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I remove the outer air duct cover on my 2011 sportage

Customer Question

How do I remove the outer air duct cover on my 2011 sportage 2.4 l
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 55000, had p2006 failure code. Replaced runner control solenoid and vcma want to check valve
JA: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Repairing myself, believe some build up in air duct around valves
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just want to know how to remove air duct
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is the air duct cover on front of engine removed 2 volts on bottom left and right. Not sure if there are more or just prying it off.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Not sure which part you are referring to, can you take a picture?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's the cover on air intake. Just the outer cover, a flat piece of plastic with tubular ports molded.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

That cover can not come off, the complete intake manifold must come off. See the files below.

Please read this:

  1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

  1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris