Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

I am buying a used kia sportage with 87.000 miles how much

Customer Question

I am buying a used kia sportage with 87.000 miles how much longer can it go...
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: what should I check before buying...
JA: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I test drove it and looks ok but with so
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: With so many miles just wanted to know if I should look out for important issues that I cannot see with a simple test drive... I am 68 senior I want to be safe.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Hi im kevin 87,000 nowadays is not a lot of miles .the only things you can check iss that servicing has been carried out yearly and is up to date .the best option is always if possible to get car looked over by an indipendant garage to give you an idea of any future costs

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thanks! as I mentioned I'm a senior female and want to feel as safe as possible. I would like to install a rear view camera it helps a lot! any suggestions?
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Again most garages in your area will be able to do this and will be able to get a kit for you not a massive expence a few hundred dollars

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Kevin it seems I will be ok to go and sign the papers I am buying from a VW dealer. Cross my fingers I will be ok to drive even in the snow!
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

No problem please remember to rate my service

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sure I will. I paid $20 to ask questions, does that mean I can eventually contact this page again or this was it!
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

You can come back to this conversation if you need me even after rating

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok Let me go and do the paperwork and if there is something I need to be clarified on, I will contact you again.
Thanks Kevin!
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

No problem

Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Do you still need help