Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

I have 2011 kia sorento and the hvac system blows hot on

Customer Question
driver side and cold on...
i have 2011 kia sorento and the hvac system blows hot on driver side and cold on pass side can you give advise
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: yes not a freon issue seems to be with hvac door controls
JA: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes replaced hvac temp actuator on pass side still same issue
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that should be it thanks
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Kia
11/23/2016
Kia Mechanic: EricFromCT, Technician replied 12 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician

Hi. Sometimes resetting the climate control system by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes will correct issues. Do you think this is something you can try and then let me know?

sir will do i will respond right back

ok

this was no help it made no diff / operating temp on thermostat is at 185 is this normal or should it be at 195
hello anyone there

Yes . The thermostat should make no difference for the climate control

Did you replace the correct actuator ?

do you have any other sug ?
replaced actuator on pass side
temp door moves freely

As long as you did not replace the air intake actuator instead

Did the temperature change when you manually move the door ?

it stays hot on driver side and there is very little diff on pass side when you man move door

There is only one heater core if the driver's side is hot passenger side should be hot.

Unless the door is broken and not moving correctly

door does not seem to be broken you can remove actuator and turn blower fan on and move door just a little and the vac will take over and slam door shut

I will opt-out and perhaps another expert has more info on this. Thanks.

Kia Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 12 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the door is intact and moving yet there is a temperature difference then the heater core is restricted. Have you moved the door by hand with the engine at operating temperature to see if the temperature of the air would respond correctly?

there is very little if any change in temperature on passenger side driver side is hot and passenger side is cool

That indicates a restricted heater core, it will need need to be replaced.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician