Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Pete, the dash lights, brake light and front turn signal

Customer Question

Hi Pete, the dash lights, brake light and front turn signal won't work BUT when the car alarm is armed, these lights will flash. We were told that all of the fuses are good sooo... what might be the problem?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: yes, they work because they all flash when the alarm is armed.
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2005 kia spectra
JA: Are you fixing your Spectra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, we had someone look at it last night. We asked that they replace one license plate light that was out and one tail light. They were not able to remove the metal part of the tail light saying that the metal was stuck in the socket. After they removed the bulb only for the tail light they did not replace it so the metal is still in there. Both license plate lights were replaced and immediately after that the dash lights would not work. The fuses were "checked" and we were told they were all ok?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • One possible cause is body module is detecting a circuit overload and disabling the lights.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris