Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

WHINING NOISE FROM TIMING BELT AREA, 05 KIA SPECTRA, MAYBE

Customer Question
WHINING NOISE FROM TIMING BELT...
WHINING NOISE FROM TIMING BELT AREA
JA: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?
Customer: 05 KIA SPECTRA
JA: Are you fixing your Spectra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: MAYBE -5000 MILES ON THE BELT
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: WE TRIED ANOTHER TENSIONER PULLEY ON TIMING BELT
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Kia
10/27/2016
Kia Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician  replied 1 year ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

Do you see any evidence that the belt is touching the cover as it runs?

All the cover bolts were installed in their proper locations?

How tight did you make the tensioner before you locked it in place?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK BELT IS NOT TOUCHING THE COVER.. BOLT ARE IN PROPER PLACE.. THE BELT IS NOT TOO TIGHT

If you are going to tell me everything is fine I don't think I can help. Obviously something is not right so I need the procedure you used to tension the belt.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
WE ARE A MECHANIC SHOP..

And you are asking me for help as you don't know what is wrong. If you tell me everything is fine I have to opt out as I can't help you.

Kiatech
Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician