Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

My Kia sorry to will not start. Battery is fine. Keyless

Customer Question
My Kia sorry to will...
My Kia sorry to will not start. Battery is fine. Keyless battery is fine. Brake is stiff
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Just replaced it
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2011 sorrento
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Kia
9/11/2016
Kia Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

Is it that your car will not start at all?

Is this a keyless start or do you need to use a key to start it in the ignition?

Do any electronics power up or come on with this issue here?

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's keyless. No dash lights but internal lighting etc does
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You there?

Do you have a second key to try or was this already attempted?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No second key

Since the internal lights still operate I suspect the voltage is o.k. in the main battery and not causing this here (it may be a good idea to connect a battery charger or jump start cables to make sure this isnt low voltage due to a weak main battery).This sounds like a fault with the key itself.The electronics can fail in it and then when you try and activate the ignition this fault occurs here.Even if the battery has been replaced in it I have seen it fail internally needing replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A 5 star rating is appreciated.Thanks Pete

I posted an answer above but it may not have went through so I will post it again:

Pete, Technician