Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

2015 Kia Rondo. To install my new dash cam (not to the rear)

Customer Question

2015 Kia Rondo. To install my new dash cam (not to the rear) I need to get power. Supplied is a 10' cable with a cigar outlet connector.
How to run the cable either to the cigar outlet or to the dome light
Warren Abbott
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand the reason for YOUR e mail! Yes, I want an answer to my question of hooking up my dash cam power supply while hiding the wiring. The suction cup attachment on the windshield is just fine. That's the purpose for the enquiry in the first place !!
Warren Abbott

You let me know where you want to run the wire. Do you just want to hide the wire to a power outlet or do you want to hard wire it into other wiring that is only powered with the key on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
want to hard wire it into other wiring that is only powered with the key on. This is what I want. I prefer to have every thing in writing so that I can study it for correct installation.
Thanks.
Warren

Thanks,

Can i get the vin# ***** look over the correct files?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VIN # KNAHT8A31F7076261

Thanks, ***** ***** wire diagrams I have access to are down for maintenance. To prevent you waiting more I will opt out and let someone else help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks for the reply. I will go to a local mechanic to get the wiring installed (and pay three times the price!)
Warren