Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My high beams will not turn on and at the same time this

Customer Question

My high beams will not turn on and at the same time this problem started the oil light came on...but the oil is full...no one can figure out what is wrong...
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still need help

For the oil light I would immediately start with a manual oil pressure test. You do not want to run the engine if the pressure is low. This will tell us if its just a sensor going out. ON the 3.8 liter the pressure spec is 18.77 psi at 1000 rpms.

Here is your headlight diagram. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/klights.pdf

Do you have a volt/ohm meter to check the headlight dimmer switch and a scan tool to check the IPM and FAM modules?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didnt even understand anything u said... I don't think it has anything goes to do with either thing..I think it's one of those things where I left something on and this is how the car tells me...

Okay I will opt out and see if another can explain how to diagnose these issues better than I. Best of Luck.