George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Certified and 15+ years as an ASE Maser Tech
13574682

I have a 2006 kia rio and i cant seperate the tramsmission.

Customer Question

i have a 2006 kia rio and i cant seperate the tramsmission. and theres no hole underneath to release the clutch fork. what do i do?
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: I believe my throwout beraring in no good
JA: Are you fixing your Rio yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. i have the transmission apart but it only comes apart 1/2 inch. i read the i need the release the clutch fork but there is no hole to do it from
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it so far
Category: Kia
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help,

Remove the lever the slave cylinder moves then the fingers on the shift rod can pivot out of the ears on the TO.

Let me know if that works for you

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i already removed the slave cylinder. i cant remove the clutch fork. to release the transmission
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

How hard have you pried?

Can you look in and see if the disc material is wrapped around the input shaft? Is there a ball of kevlar in there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i pried hard. but i read that that i have to release the fork from the throwout bearing first. everywhere i look they show using a screw driver through a hole to loosin it. but my car doesn't have a hole
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

That is on the type with a shaft and forks that run through the ears of the throw out bearing. I though you had this type at first but I see it is a convention push type clutch not the pull type you have to pull the lever off.

I suspect the disc material has shredded and is wrapped up with the bearing and input shaft.

How do you have the engine supported? From above?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

And with the subframe out? Is the transmission on a jack?

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Click here for TSB

That shows the whole procedure

I think you are just bound up and if you put a prybar on each side of the transmission and work it side to side it will come free. There should be nothing holding it if you have the axles out and you can pull it back 1/2 inch.