Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

2006 kia Sedona both power sliding doors won't open with

Customer Question

2006 kia Sedona both power sliding doors won't open with inside door handle will open with remote and above driver button
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

On some models there can be a child lock on the door edges themselves seen with the doors opened that can be moved manually to lock out anyone from opening the door from the inside.Inspect and see if your door latches have this little lock lever and see if they are switched on just needing switched back to off.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Pete,
Thank you for your reply. We tried the child lock. It was not that. When you go to open the door by the handle it does not have the click in the handle I used to feel when pulling the handle out. And it does not engage the automatic opening any more. This is from the outside handle. Them from the inside, the lever handle does the same. When you pull it towards you it had a little click, but now it just freely goes back. I'm not sure if that makes any sense. But it doesn't seem to engage something that it used to. Thank you for your help.
Debbie
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Is this on 2 sliding doors that this issue occurs as you have posted above or just one sliding door?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Both sliders
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Did both doors fail at the same time?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

O.k.,this is a difficult one for me to diagnose myself here but someone else here may be able to help.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete