Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

How to replace the alternator? Yes, 2007 sedona, I need to

Customer Question

How to replace the alternator?
JA: Have you done a battery test? Has there been any change in headlight brightness?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2007 sedona
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I need to know how to get the alternator out. Do I have to remove the passenger side tire or can I do this with out removing idle arm?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks. I am really hoping I don't have to remove idle arms or passenger tire. I am stuck in a parking lot with the part

no you dont have to take idle arm off, but taking the wheel off the side the alternator is on will make taking the alternator bolts much easier it calls for 1.7 hour labor

I have sent you a diagram for it to help visual see it & the R & R procedure they list for it

please let me know if that works for you

Chad Farhat

ASE Certified Tech

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007 Kia Truck Sedona V6-3.8L

Save Article

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Alternator

Alternator

Short Wheelbase

373003C170 $467.90

Labor Information Skill Level Mfg. Warranty Standard

Replace

B 1.7 labor hour to replace

2007 Kia Truck Sedona V6-3.8L

Save Article

REMOVAL 1. Disconnect the battery negative terminal first, then the positive terminal. 2. Disconnect the alternator connector, and remove the cable from alternator "B" terminal. 3. Remove the drive belt. 4. Pull out the through bolts and then remove the alternator(A).

5. Installation is the reverse of removal.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the part will slip through the space after I take the bolts out? I won't have to remove anything else that's in the way?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

yes , doing it thru the wheel might be easier if you could not take it out from the top position,

I always do it on a lift and thru the wheel ,but if lift not available you have to worked out slowly and if you hit anything you need to take it out of the way,t removed and bolts it should come you have to turn it and rotate to get it out. it is tricky but it will come out

proper tools are needed you will need long extension with swivel head to remove the long bolts attaching it to the block , if you dont have that it will be difficult .

Chad

are you requesting a phone call, i see that on my screen , if not just ignore it ,in case you hit the button for request by mistake .

Please let me know if you need anything else on it

Thank You

Chad Farhat