KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, shop owner/tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Question
5629372

I own a 2011 kia soul... and I have notice if im at a stop

Customer Question

Hi, I own a 2011 kia soul... and I have notice if im at a stop and turn my steering wheel all the way left it has a small clicking noise..but only at stops not while rolling and turning
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** a loud clicking if music is on I cant hear it

we not talking about cv axle clicking but that usually you hear when moving , but you say you hear standing still ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only when still..and I need to pull off making a sharp turn starting from the still position.... when im rolling and turning I dont hear it

if got to parking lot and turn steering wheel to extreme right or left and hold it there & drive in a circle do you hear it ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive never tried to drive in a circle.. I just notice it when im pulling put of work driveway and I need toturn my wheel sharp to turn propper instead of hitting trees

do that for me and let me know ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can be in park and turn the wheel sharp also
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well im in bed at this moment... do I just sign back on later or how does it work
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Jamie and I would like to try to help you with your problem. The drive in a circle will not tell you anything. Just to make sure I fully understand your problem, do you only hear one click each time, or do you hear a click click click?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, its a click click almost like a plastic sound
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 1 year ago.

There are two things that can cause this problem, the turn signal switch, or one of the bearings in the steering column. I have another customer that had the same thing but hers was when she turned right only. The dealership she took it to found the bearing was the problem. The repair at the dealership was under $300.00.

Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 1 year ago.

Can you start the car , turn off the fan and radio and see if you can hear the noise turning right as well? Also can you try holding the turn signal switch down to turn the left turn signals on and then turn the steering wheel left and see if you still hear the clicking?