Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

Got a P0328 bad knock sensor code 2009 base Kia Rio just

Customer Question
got a P0328 bad knock...
got a P0328 bad knock sensor code for my 2009 base Kia Rio just ordered the part from amazon and trying to see how to replace it
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: it a code reader and hears what it said: Knock Sensor 1, Circuit High Bank 1, or Single Bank 1
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: hoping to fix it myself, all I did was reset the code so the check engine light is off
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope, that seems to be the only problem, it's got 170000 miles on her with no problems outside of replacing an ignition coil
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Kia
7/26/2016
Kia Mechanic: Ron Z., - Kia Tech - replied 1 year ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Kia Tech -

For easier viewing/printing, I've wrapped up the procedure to replace the Knock Sensor into a PDF file. Download the PDF file here: https://goo.gl/Ayulp3

If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Hi David! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Did you have any other questions? Was there something I missed that you wanted addressed? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!

Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Kia Tech -