Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

Radio quit working after jump starting the car and replacing

Customer Question
the battery all other...
Radio quit working after jump starting the car and replacing the battery all other electrical items work. 2008 Kia Sportage.
JA: How old is the battery? Have you checked the battery gauge on the dash?
Customer: has a brand new battery in it now.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: radio quit working. doesn't turn on, etc.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Kia Mechanic should know about your Kia?
Customer: not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Kia
6/13/2016
Kia Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

You want to check and replace any blown fuses for the radio to see if this is the fault here.The fuses are the AV 10 amp,Audio 10 amp located in your IP junction panel fuse box.The IP fuse panel is located on the drivers side as shown here under the dash.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3e10hhzwdga7ke/ipd-06-13.gif?dl=0

Here is the fuse layout for this box to locate these fuses.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6tvtm1xbkmas7g/ip-06-13.gif?dl=0

If these fuses are found to be o.k. try removing them for about 5 minutes then reinstall them to reset the radio to see if it works then.If this does not work and these fuses are all o.k. the radio itself was damaged with the jump start.This can occur as voltage surge occurs during a jump start which can sometimes damage electronics like the radio and the radio usually need removed and repaired or removed and replaced unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician