Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

My husband died a few months ago so I'm on my own to fix

Customer Question

My husband died a few months ago so I'm on my own to fix stuff and my son got me a 2006 Kia Spectra EX the oil is a half quart low and my dumb ass thought what was oil is trans. fluid I only put about 3-4oz in it so am I screwed? Do I need to change the oil again? Or just add the rest of the OIL that I need? AAAAHHHH
JA: Huh?
Customer: Sorry the IDIOT on this end is Kathy hop you can help
JA: What size is your engine? How many miles since your last oil change?
Customer: I don't know how do I find out? It has about 144.000mi
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2006 Spectra EX
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have to I don't have anyone to help me I live at the beach my kids are scattered around so its all me. I haven't done anything yet that's what I was wantin to know is that little bit guna hurt anything I just did it a little while ago I haven't started it yet because I'm replacing the thermostat
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No I just need to know if the 4oz or so of transmission fluid in the oil is guna hurt it or do I need to change the oil?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Just to be clear, did you put 4ozs of trans fluid in the engine?