K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Kia spectra 2006 inside driver door cable keeps popping out

Customer Question

kia spectra 2006 inside driver door cable keeps popping out when i try to open the passenger door
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Kia. The Kia Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the plastic casing that would hold the pen in is cracked. can i just replace that piece of plastic
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: took door panel off and saw the pin popping out is the problem
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Kia Mechanic should know about your Kia?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what part do i need to fix it?
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, is it the white piece circled in the picture below that's broken?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It must be gecause all i see there is a pinkish plastic flat piecewith a hole in the center not the white piece
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i send a pic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I attached an image i think
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the pink part by the spring is where the cable keeps popping out so can i get the whie part to fix it
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** replacement clips for these in a veiety pack Most parts stres carry them I'll post a link below

Click here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a specfic one to order or do all of them come in the package
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

There are several sizes that come in the package. You could also take the handle with you to make sure it has the proper one if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The website says it doesnt fit my model of car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Id have to remove it and the cables. But i can try it. Have you fixed one that way before
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Yes, The HELP! kit is generic and not vehicle specific

Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

At the parts store there will be a section with HELP! branded products, there are a couple of different sized variety packs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you. Do i pop out the broken one and then pop in the other ine or is it more complicated than that
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

That's it. Pop in new one, insert the rod and roatate the clip so it locks over the rod. Using the HELP! clip is much cheaper than replacing the whole handle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome, it's my pleasure to help.