EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.
34559540

09 Sportage tailgate won't open. you can here the actuator.

Customer Question

09 Sportage tailgate won't open. you can here the actuator. I had AAA put a new battery in the vehicle. Is their an electrical module that needs programing. When all fails how do I remove cover from inside
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. There is nothing electrical that needs to be reset after the battery replacement.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

You are correct that if the door is not opening then, you will have to remove the panel from the inside. And of course, that is kind of a pain in the butt. But there are 5 screws that need to come out. Then the panel just pulls off. There are several pushpin type retainers.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for viewing my response. Please let me know if you have any more questions and also please rate my assistance using the 5 star rating method. Thank you.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.