Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

A 2012 Kia forte ex with a 2.0 engine. The engine will run

Customer Question
A 2012 Kia forte...
A 2012 Kia forte ex with a 2.0 engine. The engine will run as long as you step on the gas pedal but soon as you let off the gas it will not idle it will cut off
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Kia
5/29/2016
Kia Mechanic: fix it man, Master Technician  replied 1 year ago
fix it man
fix it man, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** am sorry to hear about your Kia. Most of the time this is caused by a failing throttle body, a vacuum leak, or a bad air flow sensor. I have found all of these wrong with this vehicle to cause it to not idle right. Can you tell me if the check engine light is on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it was on I ran a code check and it came up as p0014 and p0017 I replace the camshaft sensor and the oil control valve and it is still doing the same thing

Thank you. You either have a bad crank sensor or the timing chain may be worn and loose enough to cause the correlation to be off. If the crank sensor does not solve it then the cam timing actuator needs to be checked to see if it is out of time. If it is not then the timing chain assembly needs to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a new crank sensor but I can't find it on the car to change it

It should be located at the rear of the engine in the transmission bell housing.

fix it man
fix it man
fix it man, Master Technician