Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

Kia Sedona: Having trouble isolating the problem interior lights

Customer Question

Having trouble isolating the problem interior lights only work when switched on but won't work in the door position 2006 Kia Sedona
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, do the lights come on in door position when any of the doors are opened? Or do they not come on at all no matter what door is opened?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are inop in the door position only I know about the z04 diode in some kia does this model have one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They work when switched on and when exiting the vehicle not in the door pos
Ok so they don't work when any of the doors open when the switch is in the door position. Not sure what you are talking about with the diode, there is no diode in this system according to Kia's wiring diagrams. You either have a bad room lamp switch, or there is an issue with the IPM (power distribution box) Without testing anything its hard to say, but my money is on the room lamp switch. I've seen them go bad before.If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The switch your referring to is the switch to left of the steering column and also should you be able to roll the dimmer switch all the way up to turn on done lights
No. That isn't how this system works, the dimmer is only a dimmer. There is a separate switch for the lights to turn on or off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again Andrew still working on the Sedona I tried a known good switch from an 07 entourage no dice ok so I checked the circuit pin to pin here I found that the room area module aka rear fuse block is not grounding properly can I use a used one
Yes you could, but first check ground G60. I attached a picture to help.